Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Last Chance Romance

This is the beginning of the end of winter. Spring has sprung and it is so cold I estimate the water temp was 48 and the wind chill was down there. I drove up to the parking lot and my friend was pulling out with his wet suit on saying" I was only in there 30 minutes and its too cold for only a few waves". This is not a good sign, but there was a swell and it was the last swell we were going to see for a while so I went for it.

When my hands first hit the water I could not believe how cold it was. I have been surfing these waters for 30 years and it was as cold as I have ever experienced it. It was a matter of mind over water and I kept telling myself to stay busy and not sit for to long. I managed to get a ton of waves and it was a great day. Once I started getting waves the cold did not seem to matter as much. I was in the water for about 90 minutes and had a great time.

When times get tough make sure you have plenty of beer on hand...

Mr. Beer - Makes A Great Gift!

No comments: