Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It to Wet For Mee

My last Surf Session was Sunday the most crowded day of the week. This particular day was an extreme tide and the swell was coming in and breaking inside and mushy. The reason I went out was the one or two waves every 10 minutes that were head high and breaking with a slight offshore wind. There was only one person on it, a friend of mine, so bingo I went for the exercise. I know the stormy weather is on its way and most likely I will be out of the water during the major run off from the rains. After a heavy rain the pollution from the land flows into the water. In large metropolitan areas it is really bad. You can imagine all the pollutants that make there way into the break zone! I have been sick or had ear infections after surfing after storms. So the plan is to wait a couple of days and then charge it again. If the waves are really good I may go out but make sure that I am getting the proper rest and eating correctly and I should be fine. The main thing is the ears, water will make it's way in under pressure of the surf, it is not be able to get out and that polluted water gets bacteria growth and infected. That is the concern you must be careful and pay attention to any slight infection get it medicated or stay out because they will not go away if you continue to get into the water. So much for the surfer version of health care... Here is something worth checking out underground music in Cali...

So check out this Bay Area Band my son plays in called SAYTHING

http://myspace.com/saything

No comments: